Monday, August 4, 2014

Life After Death

At 22, I stood in front of the "man" that I loved in a perfectly tailored, size 2 cream dress and said "I do" to a promise.  And I did believe in the promise...of a life-long marriage, for better or worse, in sickness and health, for so long as we both shall live.  Till death do us part.  I  took his name, Steele, and left my beloved Swan family name behind. We didn't know then that we were, most definitely, due to part.  I reminded my beloved husband of these vows on many, many occasions over the next 13 years.  Regardless of the efforts, and there were countless efforts, his and mine, the marriage died....a slow and very painful death. And that death, did us part.  With a heart of Steele, I held my head high and walked away.  Walked away, with the grace of a Swan.  Here's to life after death.

No comments: